Provides support for Health & Welfare benefit programs including vendor management, project management, communications and providing day-to-day support to HR managers and generalists. Handles day-to-day domestic vendor management in order to provide high quality, effective and compliant benefit programs, administration and service for all participants.
- Responsible for day-to-day domestic health and welfare vendor management including medical, pharmacy, disability and outsourced administration vendors. Must work to ensure best participant experience, ensure quality measures are in place and test such quality measures, internal and external control checks/monitoring, and system testing/requirements amongst other items as designated by the Benefits Manager. Will work in coordination with other team members to manage all vendors as appropriate and necessary.
- Create and track project plan for all vendor management activities and projects for the year; update as necessary to keep current and notify Benefits Manager of ongoing status.
- Ensure quality measures are in place with all vendors and test those measures monthly. This includes account management team reviews (scorecards), test calls to the member services line as well as reviewing the member websites to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of the resources available to participants.
- Ensure Performance Guarantees (PGs) are in place, track/report ongoing metrics, review metrics included with Benefits Manager to determine any updates/changes from year to year, coordinate responses for certain metrics (like account manager scorecards) with benefits team.
- Evaluate and recommend process/program improvements for high quality and effective administration and service for participants.
- Support quarterly and year-end vendor meetings including meeting set up, document preparation, tracking and following up on deliverables from those meetings.
- Support efforts to implement Annual Enrollment design changes with vendors including ID card review, updates to member websites and ensuring customer service centers are updated and trained with the new information.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers on all issues including participant issues. Respond timely, thoroughly and thoughtfully.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Support all Annual Enrollment activities.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7years of relevant work experience or demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able to consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions. Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted. Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer. Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
- Must have a strong attention to details, problem solving skills, be an independent thinker and be self-directed/self-motivated. Requires a strong sense of urgency and complete follow through to full resolution when researching and responding to issues. Requires the ability to interact in a team environment and make decisions quickly
- Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing all Microsoft office programs, Peoplesoft or other technical tools in completing assignments and extracting/analyzing data. Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments.