Senior Benefits Administrator
Job Code:2018-10-1A-034 Location:Livermore, CA Status:Regular Full Time Responsibilities: With limited supervision, the Senior Benefits Administrator administers corporate benefit plans and programs and assists with development and implementation of employee benefit and wellness programs, documentation, and employee education.
• Provides day-to-day administration and functional support of all company benefit and wellness programs including, but not limited to, group medical, dental, and vision, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), health savings accounts (HSA), life, and disability plans.
• Enters, maintains, approves, audits, researches, and resolves errors with employee benefit records and transactions in Workday and other systems. Ensures updates are processed within established timeframes and flows to providers accurately.
• Informs and guides employees on benefit plan design, eligibility, coverage and provisions. Acts as liaison between employees and carriers as appropriate. Maintains confidentiality and compliance with federal and local regulations.
• Reconciles monthly billings, participates in annual compliance testing, and assists with the preparation of regulatory reports including ACA and 5500 documentation.
• Leverages technology to maximize efficiencies and provide enhancements to the administration of benefit and wellness programs.
• Assists with the development of program materials and online resources for open enrollment, new hires, life events, recruitment, and on-going employee education. Facilitates associated employee and manager training.
• Coordinates benefits for employees on leaves of absence. Provides back up support for leave processing.
• Conducts research and analysis to support various initiatives related to benefit and wellness programs. Prepares and provides documentation, reports, and records in response to audit requests.
• Maintains and updates depth of knowledge of related issues, legal requirements, best practices, theories, and practical applications. Makes recommendations for improvements to benefit and wellness program design and administration.
• Performs other related duties as required or requested.
• Adheres to all company, departmental and client policies, procedures and requirements. Maintains clearances and licenses as required for position based upon assignment.
• Completes assigned training on time and with acceptable scores. Demonstrates understanding of training materials and applies knowledge in appropriate situations.
Required Skills and Knowledge: • Strong knowledge of benefit and wellness program principles, best practices, and legal and regulatory requirements.
• Strong technical skills and competency working with various HRIS platforms (Workday experience highly desired). Intermediate skills in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service, collaborate effectively, and maintain a positive attitude in fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Knowledge of leave of absence best practices and regulatory requirements.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to apply strong analytical skills to resolve complex issues, identify root causes and trends, and present recommendations.
• Proven ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams with employees at all levels in the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive information with tact and diplomacy.
• Understanding of Service Contract Act fringe benefit rules is preferred.
• Performs duties in a busy standard office environment with moderate noise level.
• Sits or stands at a desk during scheduled shift, reaching as needed to use office equipment.
• Makes and returns calls using an office phone system.
• Views a computer monitor, types on a keyboard and uses a mouse.
• Reads and comprehends information in electronic (computer) or paper form (written/printed).
• Types frequently, but not constantly, using a keyboard and mouse.
• Occasionally lifts/carries/pushes/pulls up to 10 pounds.
• Able to work full time in assigned office, including extended hours during critical project phases. Education and Experience: • Previous experience, generally 5 years or more, with benefit program administration, implementation, and compliance.
• Some experience managing and coordinating benefits for leave of absences.
• Some experience in a government contracting environment and experience with Service Contract Act is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) certification is preferred.
• Clearances as required by contract assignment.
• Travel is not generally required for this position.
- Must submit to and pass background check.
- Must not have any Federal or State liens resulting from County, State or Federal tax issues.
- Must not have any current defaulted student loans.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check; must not have any felony convictions or specific misdemeanors.
- Must submit to and pass drug screen.