Element Materials Technology is the 5th largest testing, inspection, and certification company in the world and the 3rd largest automotive testing company in Michigan.
Founded in 1903 during the inception of the U.S. automotive industry, Element Warren has supported growth and innovation for over 100 years Located in the Detroit metropolitan area, we have grown from a small metallurgical laboratory, supporting testing on the Ford Model-T, to a comprehensive full-service product validation laboratory for the transportation, automotive, aerospace, defense, medical, and commercial markets.
Recognizing that our employees are the key to our current and future success and most valued resource, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities while working in an upbeat, friendly, and fast-paced environment.
Purpose of position:
Responsible for the day-to-day programming, operation, monitoring and maintenance of cell and battery test equipment and processes.
- Execute cell and battery tests, operate, repair, and configure test equipment, interpret and validate results, summarize data and prepare reports.
- Working knowledge of various testing standards and methods such as UN 38.3, USABC, GB/T.
- Work cross functionally with professionals and technicians in various departments within the company.
- Originate, manage, and execute cell and/or battery test activities with outside labs.
- Must be a self-starter willing to put in extra hours, as needed. Overtime will be regularly required to meet customer requirements, including weekends as needed, but overtime is typically not excessive.
- General use of hand tools, rulers, calipers, and power tools (drills, saws, etc.) required, as well as experienceworking with and programming environmental chambers (PID controllers), PLC, data loggers, oscilloscopes, DMMs, and other test equipment; experience with vibration control systems (shakers) a plus.
- A functional base knowledge into the general principles of electrical and electronics is required, with background in electrical testing experiencepreferred.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelordegree's in related testing or science field and/or possess 3-6years of experience in a testing environment.
- 1+ of AVL lynx stand, battery cycle, bitrode, environmental testing experience is preferred.
- Frequency of required physical force: Minimium (moderate).
- Lifting requirements: lifting 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50+lbs periodically
battery, engineer, avl lnyx, bitrode, environmental testing