The Senior Bank HR Business Partner leads, analyzes, develops, implements, administers, and performs complex Human Resource-related functions to meet the business needs of Mutual of Omaha Bank and its subsidiaries.
This position partners with management at all levels to develop high performing teams. The work performed may be focused in any or all of the following areas: affirmative action, diversity, workforce planning, employee relations, performance management, organization design, change management, development, legal, regulatory, compliance, compensation practices, and engagement.
This job performs work in Human Resources in some or all of the following: affirmative action; diversity; employee relations; organizational effectiveness/development; and legal; regulatory and compliance requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Builds and cultivates credible organizational relationships to influence HR solutions with broad business impact.
- Conducts thorough business analysis of Human Resource needs and influences business decisions through research, manipulation and/or analysis of data, facts, and information.
- Assists in developing resolution to business need with a Human Resources solution and implements resolution.
- Leads or participates in projects and/or ad hoc teams on an as-needed basis in support of a business need.
- Disseminates relevant information while exercising discretion in sharing confidential information within and outside of the HR Department. Provides subject matter expertise in training/educating business partners.
- Partners with business unit management to provide consistent, informed, factual, and legally compliant information to influence and guide managers to make informed business decisions that achieve results and minimize risk.
- Provides HR guidance and interpretation and works with management to improve work relationships and retention of talent.
- Complies with all Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations related to Banking.
- Minimum 7 years in Human Resources related field
- Strong business knowledge in specific HR function(s) related to or including affirmative action, diversity, employee relations, organizational design; and legal, regulatory and compliance requirements, HR system design and project implementation, and compensation practices.
- Ability to undertake analysis of a high professional standard, and apply this in developing a stance.
- Self confidence and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to utilize appropriate software/systems to perform functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Organizational, analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to travel up to 10% to 30%.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- The following designations are preferred or demonstrated progress towards such designations:
- SHRM: SCP (Sr. Certified Professional) and CP (Certified Professional)
- HRCI: SPHR (Sr. Professional in Human Resources) and PHR (Professional in Human Resources)
- 3-5 years in banking or related financial experience.
Job no: 495645