We are looking for a skilled, self-driven problem-solver with expertise in systems programming to build the software tools which will support the launch of our hardware devices to market.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Design and implement our real-time software in multiple languages (primarily in Rust) to ingest, process, and display time series brain data
- Improve our Rust acquisition software while improving performance, robustness, and safety
- Assist in building our data systems by improving and replacing existing libraries with compiled code
- Enhance our UIs by writing ergonomic APIs for FFI interfaces and WASM applications
- Work with our firmware teams to develop efficient, secure data transfer from our devices.
- Maintain a clean, concise and modular codebase and deliver high quality, well-tested code
- Be driven, able to defend architectural choices, and are comfortable working in a flat organization
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- We code in Typescript, Python, C++, and Rust today; you should be able to demonstrate comfort, proficiency, and mastery in Rust or have enough knowledge in systems programming to make up the gap. SDK engineers will have to bridge the gap into each of these languages to some degree.
- Know your way around *nix environments (bash/zsh), git, and other CLI tools
- Proficiency in communication protocols such as HTTP, websockets, TCP, and UDP
- Prior experience optimizing systems programming languages
- It would be highly desirable if you have experience writing FFI code and knowledge of WASM state of the art.
- Comfortable with working in multiple layers of a system and learning on the job
- Able to independently debug a wide array of issues and not afraid of diving into 3rd party source code to do so
- You care deeply about privacy, safety, and security
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.