Talented Software Engineers are critical to OANDA’s business success: as a software company - our products are only as good as the people who create them. With that in mind, OANDA looks for highly intelligent, innovative, and dedicated technology professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a small agile team building OANDA's core trading, hedging and execution services
- Collaborate with product managers and other teams in defining new features and product offerings
- Influence technical direction, choosing the best tools and approaches for the job at hand
- Ensure delivery of a high-quality end product, that is usable, performant, and maintainable
- Mentor team members, helping them succeed as developers and grow their careers
- Working within a Linux / Solaris environment, you will research, design, test, implement, and maintain online and backend trading and data services infrastructure applications.
- Work closely with OANDA’s business and technical leadership to understand business requirements, and will collaborate with development team members to design and write applications systems and programs.
- At least 5 years of post-graduate working experience in a software engineering role.
- 2+ years in a team lead/ dev lead position
- A University degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field. A graduate degree would be an asset.
- Solid application development experience using C++
- Relevant experience in the development of Internet-ready applications programs using Internet communications protocols (TCP/IP).
- Experience with UNIX / Linux / Solaris operating systems.
- Proven ability to innovate in ways that contribute to the success of the business.
- A strong team orientation combined with the drive and ability to contribute at the individual level.
- Exceptional communications skills – both oral and written.
- Developer experience with scriptinglanguages such as Python would be an asset.