The Backend Team is responsible for building the backend services that power Unata’s core platform features. Our product roadmap is full of challenging projects that require innovative engineering solutions. Alongside a team of designers, engineers and data scientists, you’ll be building scalable and robust distributed systems that power the best digital grocery experience in the market.
As a Senior Engineer you will enjoy end-to-end responsibility on projects of increasing complexity. You will communicate technical decisions through design docs, tech talks, and contributions to our knowledge base. Ideally you enjoy mentoring junior engineers via pairing, design review, and participating in code reviews to help maintain best practices.
Our Best Backend Engineers
- Are proficient in object-oriented software design, and have strong knowledge of Python (+ for Flask, SQLAlchemy).
- Bring a solid grasp of computer science concepts, such as data structures, algorithms, and programming paradigms.
- Understand and implement engineering best practices, including automated testing, version control systems, documentation, continuous integration, etc.
- Are at home in a Unix development environment
- Can clearly communicate complex technical concepts
- Demonstrate their willingness to learn new things
- Are accomplished, seasoned, battle hardened engineers with a history of shipped systems under their belts, with an emphasis on designing async messaging systems, big dataarchitecture and web services
What This Opportunity Gives You
- The chance to help shape the technical future of our product as we scale to scores of retail partners and millions of users
- Learn and work with technologies like Python, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcached and more!
- Time to attend various developer conferences, like PyCon, where our Team is regularly selected to present
- A dedicated team filled with people that want to make an impact
- A working environment where your opinions are valued
- A place within a company that appreciates learning new technologies and implementing them when they make sense
- … and more!