Do you have a passion for building new user experiences to explore large multidimensional datasets and creating delightful user workflows? Can you flex your backend skills by writing Python or Java microservices to get your stuff up and running fast? Do you want to be part of a founding team for a new product and build something from the ground up and the next big thing for Splunk? Do you enjoy working in a startup but want to launch a product with a huge community of customers?
Splunk's Business Analytics team is looking for an experienced full stack/back-end focused developer to build an innovative solution that enables rapid comprehension of massive amounts of behavioral data in real time. You will work with a super smart bunch of folks who are doing state of the art development work (both frontend and backend) in areas of machine learning and data analytics across silos of data to build best in class business analytics software. You will be interacting with product management and customers on the bleeding edge of technology to understand detailed requirements and create a brand new product for the market. You will also work with other engineering teams in Splunk’s Incubation Zone to design and build high-performance solutions and help build a brand new business function at Splunk.
- You have 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- You have strong skills in Java, Go or Python.
- You have expertise with developing and interfacing with thoughtfully designed REST APIs.
- You have experience collaborating with design and cross functional engineering teams to make delightful experiences for the user.
- You are comfortable working with development on multiple operating systems using CI/CD processes. Practicing test-driven development.
- You have experience with high performance software that processes massive amounts of data in real-time
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and mentor junior team members
- You have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- You have a BS CS/EE or equivalent
Additional Skills would be a plus:
- Development experience with MVC frameworks such as React or Angular
- Prior experience with Splunk or a similar analytics solution
- Experience working with directly with customers
- Experience in the visualization of large, complex graph structures
- Experience with Cloud technologies
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to be a founding member of a brand new business unit working like a startup but with a large community of passionate users
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.