Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
We’re hiring Senior Backend Engineer to build our revolutionary cloud-based application! Our Services team works to solve complex problems involving distributed systems, service-oriented architectures, data encryption, metadata storage, cloud infrastructure, and more. This role is responsible for ensuring the continued success of our core infrastructure.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Design and implement complex, distributed platforms for storing data, scaling parallel algorithms, etc.
- Analyze fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges, and solve them.
- Understand trade-offs between consistency, durability and costs to build solutions which can meet the demands of rapidly growing services.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding availability and performance.
Our ideal Senior Backend Engineer will have:
- 5+ years industry experience designing, building and supporting large scale systems in production.
- Experience building large scale distributed fault tolerant services.
- Excellent understanding of low level operating systems concepts including multi-threading, memory management, networking and storage, performance and scale.
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills.
- Fluency in Java or C++ preferred.
- Able to work on-site in our downtown San Mateo office.
Why join the Engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Experience Implementing multi-tenant systems, with focus on isolation and security.
- Experience designing and implementing systems for public or private clouds.
- Familiarity with optimizing performance and resource management in Java systems.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related.