Spotify is a global community of over 250 million music fans and artists, and now podcasters. It’s always been our mission to make audio more accessible, and create a new and wonderful way for creators and fans to connect with each other.
The Podcaster Mission is the team within Spotify responsible for building the best tools for podcast creators. We have two platforms that help us do that: Anchor (the platform that allows you to create, distribute, monetize, and grow a podcast, all for free) and Spotify for Podcasters (the platform that makes it easy to understand and engage with your listeners on Spotify).
We’ve done a lot already, and we have no plans of slowing down. Come help us build the future of podcasting!
What you'll do
- Build out the Node.js server that powers Anchor’s mobile and web apps, in a way that can simultaneously serve huge volumes of concurrent users
- Help to provision and manage every part of Anchor’s cloud infrastructure, from file storage to web and database servers
- Architect and implement the front- and back-ends of both public-facing and internal websites
- Work closely with Anchor’s data and write efficient queries against it
- Design and build out our infrastructure for scalability, using techniques such as serverless components (e.g. AWS Lambda)
- See projects through from conception to launch
- Keep code maintainable through extensive documentation and automated tests
- Support other people to "level-up" or raise the capabilities of the team in their domain
Who you are
- You have a sense of humor
- You have 8+ years of experience building web apps (back- and front-end)
- You have experience writing highly optimized SQL
- You have a solid understanding of Unix-based operating systems
- You get excited about challenging problems and have a love for clean code
- You have a strong foundation in object-oriented programming, data structures, and design patterns
- You have a familiarity with git
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a persistent/determined work ethic and a willingness to try anything and everything
- You are interested in podcasts, radio, or audio in general
- You have the ability to work well with cross-functional teams