Have you worked with Ruby (or Python or Go) for years, but secretly use another programming language on the weekends? Do you chuckle to yourself when you finally see an article about the merits of Lambda because you already built an app with it months ago? If so, let’s talk!
Updater is one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC, and our goal is to streamline the moving process for the millions of households who move each year.Moving is complicated, but it shouldn’t be. That’s whyour platform is comprised of a suite of both business and consumer-facing apps.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineerto join our small team and build the next generation of Updater’s Integrations Platform. Our Integrations Platform is key to data collection and ingestion at Updater, allowing us to integrate with clients such as real estate brokerages, property management companies, and moving companies.
On the Platform Team, we’re building a new Integrations Platform. This is a true opportunity to build a product from ideation to launch.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate daily with product, internal stakeholders, and other engineers to design and build data pipelines
- Engage in architecture and infrastructure decisions for the product(s) you own
- Take responsibility for planning and execution of business-critical products
- Own the QA, operations, and performance of your product and features
What you’ll have:
- 5+ years experience working on complex back-end applications such as APIs, ETL pipelines, and reporting tools.
- Experience with multiple open source tools and cloud hosting.
- Tremendous domain knowledge. You’re intellectually curious, and understand the pros and cons of different tools and technologies.
- A pragmatic approach to engineering. You have opinions about engineering. processes, architecture, infrastructure, and tools, but understand there are often multiple valid ways to solve a problem.
- Product and business sense. You care about the impact of your work on the business and end user and take a proactive approach to working with Product.
A month at Updater might include:
- Rotating office DJ duties
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with the entire team
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
Compensation & Benefits:
We're looking for top-tier talent, and we offer compensation packages that include competitive base salary & stock options. Our comprehensive benefits programs include health care, dental, transportation subsidies, and Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO).