$80K — $100K *
About PayPal and Honey: Honey is a fast-growing company based in Los Angeles, and we’ve recently joined the PayPal family to help supercharge our mission of creating fairness and value for everyone. We’ve built a community of over 20 million online shoppers and use the collective insights of our members to power an online shopping platform that allows everyone to shop smarter, together. With that, we are excited to say we’re hiring! About the Droplist team: We are a feature team at Honey that builds and maintains Droplist: a tool that allows users to save and track products they are most interested in. We also build and maintain a notification pipeline that is responsible for sending emails and push notifications at scale. We really value our team culture and like to look for applicants who can demonstrate values such as kindness, emotional sensitivity, respecting others, enjoying what we do, and helping each other thrive!
A Typical Day Might Include:
• Architecting, designing, writing, reviewing, and testing code
• Leading a discussion on how to change our database schema and API to support a new feature.
• Getting product specs from our PM and translating that into technical specs.
• Communicating with engineers from other teams to figure out how our systems will talk to each other.
• Enhancing the reliability of our systems and improving our monitoring.
• Researching new and exciting technologies to see if they can improve our existing systems.
• Meeting one-on-one with your manager or coworkers to work on career development.
• Interviewing a new candidate for a software engineering role at Honey.
• Mentoring more junior engineers.
• Thinking about how we can improve our processes and/or team culture.
This Job Might Be for You If:
• You want to be on a team where you’ll be challenged, have fun, and work collaboratively.
• You are passionate about software engineering and are motivated to constantly improve.
• You enjoy solving problems, taking on difficult challenges, and finding creative solutions.
• People often see you as the go-to person for your preferred languages/tools/frameworks.
• You like helping your fellow teammates grow as developers through mentorship and teaching.
• You can lead larger projects and be responsible for their delivery.
• You can identify trade-offs to various implementations and can make decisions about which solution would be best for a given situation.
Technologies We Use (It’s OK If You’ve Used Others):
• APIs: GraphQL and REST
• Cloud-based Service: Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
• Databases and Storage: Google Spanner, and BigQuery
• Caching: Redis
• Streaming Platforms: PubSub
• Deployment Tools: CircleCI, , Kubernetes, and Docker
• Software Development Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, and Jira
• Monitoring: Datadog, Periscope
Valid through: 5/21/2021