We are seeking an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to help lead the development, deployment and management of our web services and related infrastructure to join our engineering team. Members of the engineering team work collaboratively as a group and with colleagues in technology, who are devising new speech recognition solutions, and product management to deploy systems and infrastructure to serve the needs of end-user professionals and enterprise clients across a number of verticals.
Need to Have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or EE) from a top school, or have substantial production server experience (or equivalent)
- At least 4+ years of experience in developing/architecting large scale systems
- Hands-on coding and development in Python and C++
- Strong proficiency in building business logic with Web Framework such as Django and MySQL
- Experience with platforms such as Nginx, Kafka, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, and big data platforms
- Strong ability to write and debug code that is reusable, testable and efficient
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers in design, product management, technology, and engineering to respond to requirements and diagnose problems
Nice to Have:
PhD in Distributed Systems or related fields (including architecture/infrastructure-related)
- Stock. Be a [literal] stakeholder in our company’s future.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals and boundless snacks.
- Fun. We host team lunches weekly and team events bi-quarterly.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance.