- Contribute to building the distributed services driving Lookout product offerings
- Work on the full lifecycle of software projects, including specification, design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Develop scalable, robust and maintainable services using Scala and/or Java that can scale to hundreds of millions of users
- Collaborate across teams and sites to develop solutions with broad impact across the company
- Maintain existing services and fix bugs as required
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Be part of the Level 2 on-call rotation
Languages & Tools/Technology Stacks
- 3-5+ years of overall development experience
- 2+ years experience with developing with a statically typed language language, preferably Scala, but including Java, C#, C++, or similar language.
- 2+ years of “full lifecycle” software development, encompassing design, implementation, delivery, and maintenance
- 2+ years of experience with Agile development practices
- Functional programming in Scala
- Experience with SQL databases such as MySQL & Postgres or “NoSQL” databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- Architecting and developing services for the Cloud (e.g, AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Background in DevOps, especially in AWS