What you'll do
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general.
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within Spotify.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services that serve millions of users in a DevOps manner.
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
- Work from our awesome office in New York City where we solve problems in Monetization, Music Recommendations, Features for Artists, and Social Networking.
Who you are
- You are an experienced technical leader.
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java.
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
Valid Through: 2019-10-18