The Climate Corporation is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that are helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. We are leveraging Machine Learning and Big Data to build meaningful products that allow farmers to produce enough food to help feed a growing population. The Data and Analytics team is focused on creating competitive advantage for Climate and our customers through novel data infrastructure, metrics, insights and data services. We are a small but rapidly growing analysis and engineering team that builds and leverages state-of-the-art analytics systems. Our work informs decisions and direction for our business, while also impacting our products. We are looking for a seasoned software engineer to not only build data pipelines to efficiently and reliably move data across systems, but also to build the next generation of data tools to enable us to take full advantage of this data. In this role, your work will broadly influence the company's products, data consumers and analysts.
What You Will Do:
- Expand our business by providing strategic data to partner groups and product groups via platform level real-time REST based API services for targeting, personalization and recommendations
- Develop and maintain the infrastructure and architecture that enable the data pipeline for analytics.
- Develop infrastructure to enable scientists to rapidly train ML models
- Develop infrastructure that enables product management to garner key insights into customer behavior and refine product roadmap to meet customer needs
- Develop architecture and infrastructure to enable dealers and growers to manage their operations more effectively
- Evaluate new technologies and products.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 5+ years programming experience in Java or another language.
- Experience working with web applications and REST based API services at large to massive scale.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Experience designing and building a Hadoop/Spark high performance Cluster
- Experience working with relational databases and especially MPP systems like Redshift/Vertica/Teradata and map/reduce systems like Hadoop or Spark is an added plus.
- Familiarity with NOSQL tools like Hadoop (hive, pig, spark, hbase, membase) and Spark is an added plus.
- Experience working with AWS
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent