We're looking for a motivated, experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join our growing team. Based in San Francisco or Durham, you'll join our Engineering team in building out an extraordinary web-based platform that has helped thousands of people save money, and aims to help millions more. If you've been seeking a product that's worthy of your skills, then read on.
Sample Projects Include:
- Implement a tool that fetches normalized data from lenders and serves it to the appropriate user profiles quickly and coherently
- Craft a protocol that integrates with disparate lender APIs that provide data through XML, JSON, and others, both synchronously and asynchronously, in real time
- Build out our rules engine that serves borrowers with the appropriate offerings according to their financial information
Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or highly similar degree is required
- 5+ years of experience with Back-End development using Ruby on Rails (preferred), Django or similar MVC frameworks
- Experience building and using RESTful APIs
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL (MySQL preferred)
- Experience with AWS Services such as EC2, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, S3 and SQS
- Experience with RSpec or similar unit test frameworks for RoR
- Knowledge or Experience with Docker
- Salary commensurate with experience
Nice to have:
- Passionate about coding; you love to code and you're not shy about showing it
- You thrive on collaboration; Credible's Software team works closely with Product Management, Design and Operations for everything from roll-out to feature enhancement
- Inventive and mindful; you move fast but don't break things
- You take pride in writing and maintaining clean, modular code
- Extraordinary problem solving and communication skills
Why work at Credible
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.