We care about hiring great engineers rather than a specific language skill set, but many people want to know what tech we're using right now. The development stack spans API services (Python and Go), data science and data engineering (Hadoop, Hive, and NumPy), and DevOps (Kubernetes and AWS). What is more important than anything specifically on the list is your willingness to grow, learn, and adapt as our technology choices progress. A history of demonstrated creativity will be to your advantage. Many of the decisions for new projects will be directly driven by you, and you will own your code from inception through production.
- Participate in development of pipelines for gathering and analyzing experiment data.
- Help ensure the quality and performance of your team's code by performing code reviews and defining best practices.
- Write code with the unit and integration tests to verify it.
- Participate in designing APIs to help power our internal application platform.
- Participate in DevOps, release, and on-call activities in support of your code.
- Engage with engineers & leaders across GoDaddy to solve business and customer problems (from group-wide to company-wide).
- Continuously improve agile practices within your team and across GoDaddy.
- Support teams using the platform you help build.
- Collaborate in a distributed team.
Your experience should include...
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience designing, building, and shipping backend systems with multiple tiers, including API, caching, and data access layers.
- Strong drive to learn, grow, and help engineers to do the same.
You might also have...
- Experience in, or strong interest in A/B testing platforms.
- Experience in data science and with related technologies, like Hive.
- Experience in data engineering and with related technologies, like Airflow.
- Experience with infrastructure technology, like AWS and Kubernetes.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment.