This team is focused on attracting new learners to Codecademy and enrolling them in the right learning experience within our products. The team helps grow our business by understanding our learners and using this information to make our Pro product more appealing. We work on projects like our product experimentation framework, finding new ways of acquiring users, and shipping experiments to improve our user experience.
If you're passionate about convincing more people that they can learn technical skills and finding the right way and time to introduce them to our products, this is the team for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Extend the code evaluation engine that parses and evaluates code samples submitted by our learners, millions of times every single day (Go, Docker, AWS)
- Improve the interactive Learning Environment by creating new experiences, and increasing its reliability and performance (React, Ruby on Rails, Go)
- Design and improve systems for gaining insights about user learning (Ruby on Rails, Go, AWS Redshift/SQL)
- Design and improve APIs to enable other product teams to surface learning data to users in novel ways (Ruby, Go)
- Scale learning content production capacity by building new content production workflows in our internal CMS (React, Ruby, Go)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Experience designing APIs from the ground up; comfortable with API design patterns (REST, RPC)
- A passion for testing best practices; can write unit tests in your favorite language with your eyes closed
- Experience working with both SQL and NoSQL databases. We currently use a combination of PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Amazon Redshift
- Familiarity with containerization technologies. We use Docker and Kubernetes extensively in development and production
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience with ops and/or containerization technologies: Kubernetes, Terraform, EC2, ECS, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Experience working with modern front-end frameworks. We use React, Redux, and Webpack
- Particularly strong front-end experience in the React ecosystem
- Expertise in HTML & CSS, with a knack for layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Proven empathy for our users, such as a background in education or past experience using our site
- BS/MS in Computer Science or engineering