You will help extend the current platform and build innovative new products. The platform leverages Big Data to provide unique insights to clients.
- Build, enhance, and maintain core applications including dashboards, workflows, API’s and data processing systems.
- Provide new insights and control to clients via intuitive and aesthetic web UIs
- Integrate with SQL/BigData/NoSQL backend infrastructure to pull data that feeds insights and reports.
- Work closely with otherdevelopers, designers, quality assurance and operations engineers, and product managers to develop and support new and existing systems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization.
- 5+ years of overall software development experience.
- 3+ years of development experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Comfortable w/ basic async concepts.
- Experience with ES5, Babel + ES6
- Experience developing and supporting high-availability, high-performance web applications
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful.
- Experienceworking with relational databases (we use MySQL).
- A high level of comfort with Linux utilities and CLI.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.