Job Profile Summary
CAI is seeking a Senior Back-up and Recovery Administrator in Hershey, PA. In this role, the incumbent would be responsible for the administration, upgrade, monitoring and support of Hershey's enterprise data backup and recovery platform. The administrator will be required to evaluate backup and disaster recovery tools and products for technology solution implementations. The administrator will also be required to guide and direct the activities of offshore administrators to maintain the backup and recovery environment and procedures.
The current environment consists of multiple Veritas Netbackup implementations with various client types (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Suse Linux, Solaris, Vmware and Windows) and operating systems (Red Hat Linux, Suse Linux, Solaris, Vmware and Windows) and databases (Oracle, SAP HANA, MongoDB, SQL)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform day-to-day backup and restore platform administration activities such as: monitoring for problems, establishing new backups, and troubleshooting failures.
- Plan and execute maintenance and upgrades per product roadmaps.
- Create and test backup & recovery strategy on a range of technologies and database environments.
- Examine and collect data for trending capacity utilization.
- Takes immediate actions to resolve technology service disruptions when they occur
- Maintain procedures to be followed by offshore administrators.
- Maintain strategic architectural development roadmap.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to offshore teams.
- Evaluate the potential for alternative solutions to support desired use cases at a reduced cost.
- Work with incident teams to solve/troubleshoot backup related incidents and perform restores as needed.
- Ensure software licensing compliance for Hershey's backup and restore platforms.
- Work independently within guidelines and policies for ongoing work.
- Write technical documentation, operational procedures, systems documentation and Incident and problem communications and reporting.
- Availability for after-hours escalation calls by managed service resources and weekend activities as required.
- Write, edit, change, maintain scripts and programs to automate tasks.
- Work with internal and external auditors to provide evidence of compliance.
- Interface with vendors for technical support
- Administer, operate, upgrade, monitor, sustain, and support an enterprise data backup platform along with related tools
- Partner with local and global team members to drive incident resolution and request for change
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of progressive backup and recovery experience.
- 5 years hands on experience with Netbackup & Commvault products preferred
- Experience in the administration, upgrade, monitoring and support of an enterprise data backup and recovery platform.
- Knowledge of cloud backup strategies and public cloud awareness in AZURE required.
- Strong Unix/Linux and Windows scripting skills
- Must have a demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills in a complex environment.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, show initiative and respond quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Experience creating roadmaps, conceptual designs, and transition plans.
- Understanding of change, incident, problem and release management processes.
- Works under limited direction independently
- RHEL/Solaris/VMWare/AWS/Azure certifications OR Certification in Disaster Recovery