Zmags is seeking a self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing development team. The ideal candidate will have experience solving complex business problems as well as developing high performance, large scale, data driven applications. This position is for a senior team member who makes great technical decisions at a rapid pace.
What you will do:
- Design and develop core architectural components in Java using good Object-Oriented programming practices and Design Patterns.
- Design and develop scalable software solutions for high throughput, security and availability.
- Work closely with the Product Management team to help define what is built, as well as drive how to build it.
- Focus on Unit-testing, writing testable code, and dependency injection to maximize code testability.
- Identify and advocate for new technologies that improve the quality and velocity of product development.
- Deploy your work into AWS using the best tools for the job.
- Assist with the build-out of our big-data pipeline utilizing technologies such as AWS Kinesis, Redshift, HDFS and Spark.
- Work with a great team solving hard technology problems.
What makes you a great fit:
- Excellent foundation leading designs of large Object-Oriented Software Systems in Java, Python or Ruby.
- Deep Knowledge of Java MVC frameworks such as Sprint or SpringBoot.
- At least 4years of experience in building and designing web based applications and APIs.
- A good understanding of cloud based environments (ie. AWS) and cloud services such as AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, etc.
- Ability to read and write data from multiple data stores such as MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, etc.
- S., M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience with modern version control and workflow tools such as git and the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Stash etc.)
What puts you ahead of the pack:
- Experience with Content Management and eCommerce platforms – for example: Adobe, SiteCore, Drupal, Demandware, Oracle ATG, etc
What’s in it for you:
- A great office location in Boston’s Seaport district
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible working hours
- A ton of social events and activities, including parties, meetups, and hackathons