About the Role
Swoop is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build our client facing Open API to provide roadside assistance to everything from connected vehicles to insurance apps. You'll help us develop the models, business logic, and GraphQL API layer to provide a highly available and scalable platform to run the roadside assistance marketplace we've built over the past 3 years.
- Work directly with and report to the VP of Engineering.
- Design Swoop's internal product related API's to support the React FrontEnd and Mobile clients
- Design Swoop's API's to support new Insurance and OEM clients
- Develop a Consistent, Well Documented, Tested, Performant Rails API
- You enjoy working at small companies and building systems from the ground up
- You have 6 -10 years of experience building backend software, preferably API based
- Deep understanding of API design and best practices
- You have extensive Rails experience
- CS or Engineering related Degree
- Optimization experience at the DB and Application layer