About the Team
Our engineering team works closely with designers and product managers in small teams to build fun project discovery modes, elegant project management tools, and top-tier payments processing. The group of us who work with Platform and Payments is committed to gracefully evolving our monolithic app as it relates to essential services and support for payment infrastructure (which has processed over $3 billion in pledges.) Read more about us on our blog, Backing & Hacking.
In this Role You Will:
- Use ad-hoc QA clusters to test and demo new features.
- Use GitHub pull requests for peer review.
- Use continuous deployment with feature flags for smooth rollouts.
- Utilize a wide variety of skills and interest, including: Ruby on Rails, Java, Data Stores (we use MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kinesis, and Redshift), GraphQL, Functional Programming, and payments.
- You have 5+ years of experience building web applications.
- You are friendly, collaborative, and supportive.
- You value personal growth and positive feedback.
- You demonstrate an empathetic, collaborative communication style with fellow engineers and non-engineering stakeholders.
- You consider how your work impacts others.
- You demonstrate thoughtful, flexible approaches to mentoring colleagues and guiding technical decisions.