You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Senior Back-End Engineer (Java, .NET, Python, C++). Scroll down to learn more about the position's responsibilities and requirements.
We are looking for solid software engineers to join us. Our candidates could come to one of several teams. It could be from a custom distributed computation engine for simulations to a lightweight platform to automate deployments, etc. It is ok if do not know the technologies we are using now. We need people who could quickly study them. Scala is a primary programming language here, but we hire people from Java, .NET, C++ stacks. You may spend some time learning by doing real tasks in practice to speed up.
What You'll Do
- As a part of a technology team within a research department, you will build the tools that allow macroeconomists to conduct their research and understand the world economies
- You will be building tools for resolving problems from data investigation and storage to data visualizations and signal creation
- You will be focusing on designing and building architectures, platforms, and standards to model the world economic markets
What You Have
- A degree in an associated field and/or other advanced certification along with significant experience
- 6+ years of experience in back-end development with any of the listed: Java, .NET, C++, Python
- Strong computer science fundamentals (algorithms, big O notation, data structures: arrays, lists, stacks, queues, dictionaries, trees, etc.)
- Excellent design skills (with the security focus, OOD, SOLID, GRASP, KISS, YAGNI, DRY, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD
Nice to have
- Scala, Terraform, Nix
- Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper
- Kubernetes, AWS.