Senior Back End Developer IBM Talent Acquisition is undergoing a huge transformation and we are looking for a Back End Developer – AI & Cloud to join our CIO team to deliver on the Talent Acquisition vision.
Are you an innovator? A thought leader? A Rockstar coder?Comejoin us! Our team is building a next generation talent platform that uses AI to change the way companies identify, attract, and hire the world’s best talent. Can you imagine a future where AI finds the best candidate for a job, and uses social data to craft the perfect sales pitch? How about creating the ideal interview tailored to each interviewer and interviewee? Come build the next generation cognitive talent acquisition platform at IBM. IBM CIO is looking to identify a Senior Back-End Developer responsible for building and overseeing the backend infrastructure and design.
He/She will also be able to contribute to the front end. He/She will provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of TA software applications across multiple cognitive, AI -TA solution platforms. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of application software development, data structures and analytics, communication skills, and demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects. Successful candidates must be motivated to work in a data driven environment, build solid data architectures, have a desire to drive process improvement, ideally posses an understanding of Talent Acquisition processes, tools and techniques and be capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to working software solutions. Successful candidates are not only able to manage data pipelines and architectures, but also can understand the data to tell a story in order to provide guidance and recommendations.
- Hands on Coding and technical leadership driving and establishing industry best practice for technology and design for the Back end
- Designs and builds to ensure consistency for overall architecture
- Works to define infrastructure and reusable components as well as testing infrastructure for all sub projects
- Work on a multidisciplinary team to architect, design, and deliver high-quality product code for the next generation of enterprise marketing software
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Works to define, build and maintain Backend infrastructure and reusable components as well as testing infrastructure for all sub projects
- Optimize Back-end code to ensure a consistent and fast experience for our users
- Work with other developers to implement best practices, introduce new tools and improve processes
- Develop software in an agile, continuous delivery development process
- Work with and across a variety of web frameworks and toolkits, and an understanding of their pros and cons
- Experience and knowledge of the nuances required in creating cross-browser web applications
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience
- 3+ years working with Java and Java Script
- 3+ years of web application code design and architecture
- 2+ years of building web services or other publicly consumed APIs
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Proficient in 1 or more version control software platforms (git, Subversion, Mercurial)
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Proficiency in Cloudant, DB2, SQL, API creation, Node JS, Java Spring