Our client, a food industry startup in Silicon Valley, is seeking a Senior Product Manager
to create the strategy, vision, and roadmap for their new consumer products, drive the Company’s go-to-market strategy and oversee all aspects of the customer experience. Reporting to the COO in the client’s Silicon Valley office, this foundational role will have broad impact throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will have a passion for identifying and creating new food products for health-minded consumers, as well as the vision, skills, and confidence to build the business plans that drive new concepts forward. Working together with operations, engineering, sales, and customers, he or she will bring new products to market and grow the business. The individual will be responsible for driving the product roadmap, developing collateral, providing sales training, and developing meaningful relationships with customers to collaborate on new product opportunities. The successful candidate must possess a strong understanding of NPI processes and organizational requirements from concept to commercial launch including pricing and market communication.
- Build the product management function and serve as a key spokesperson and product expert
- Translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow product development from start to finish
- Own the product roadmap and vision and partner with internal teams to execute it
- Conduct market and competitive analysis, understand customer needs, and set the vision and strategy for each product
- Oversee product positioning for different customers and use cases, messaging, roadmaps and plans. Collaborate on the development of product specifications
- Work cross-functionally with other internal teams to take a product from concept to launch.
- Prioritize features and products based on customer and business needs
- Drive the go-to-market strategy, including customer segmentation, positioning, packaging, messaging, and pricing for new and existing products and features
- Identify, build, and execute tests to validate key growth hypotheses of go-to-market levers
- Develop and communicate with key internal stakeholders on forecasts, organizational objectives, and critical metrics
- Create consumer-based marketing strategies, product marketing campaigns and content
- Identify and cultivate potential customers
- Partner with Sales to develop the sales process
- Understand and engage with target consumers
- Gather and report feedback on products, suggest improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related field is required. MBA or Masters’ degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in a Product Management role, ideally on a consumer product in the food, ag, health, or bio space
- Successful track record of defining and launching consumer products/services in a high growth environment
- Outstanding ability to translate ideas and complex concepts into simple, intuitive messages
- The ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Sharp, decisive, and comfortable working in a startup environment
- Problem solver with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to influence and motivate people at all levels and across a variety of job functions
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.