Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing team within Microsoft Azure Engineering? Are you customer-obsessed constantly looking for enhancing customer experience? Are you passionate about cloud computing and love the challenge of solving the most complex technical problems?
Come join us and surround yourself with people who are passionate about cloud computing and believe that extraordinary support is critical to customer success and are fundamentally changing how we deliver support to our top Azure customers transforming them into being Azure fans.
We are Azure Customer Engineers (ACE) – a global Azure Engineering team (part of Azure Customer Experience group) that is customer-obsessed, and support engaged, with an engineering mindset.
As an Azure Customer Engineer (ACE), you will work together with field teams (Technical Account Managers, Cloud Solution Architects, Support Escalation Engineers) and Azure engineering teams to:
- Support our top Azure customers to resolve critical and complex technical issues in a 24x7x365 global support model, leveraging your deep technical and product expertise and combining it with your understanding of our customer’s needs. We achieve this through active case work as well as case management to drive faster resolution for critical issues.
- Deeply engage with our customers to understand their architecture and operations, and work to continuously improve their overall Azure support experience.
- Relentlessly champion and advocate for our customers in representing their issues to engineering teams and be a change agent to develop innovative ways to resolve their issues.
- Share support insights and recommendations to customers and field teams based on support trend and topics – preventing repetition of similar issues.
- Collaborate with Azure engineering teams to not only support but deliver solutions and new capabilities for our customers most mission critical Azure deployments
- Apply an engineering mindset to eliminate top issues impacting customer experience across large and strategic sets of customers. Based on customer feedback and insights gained while supporting our top customers, partner with engineering teams to improve the Azure platform.
- 5+ years in a technical engineering position. Desired Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience.
- Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies.
- Passion for customers and focus on delivering the right customer experience.
- Ability to learn new technology in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies across Windows and Linux, with demonstrated hands-on experience on one or moreof the following domains:
- Azure Kubernetes Services: AKS, Kubernetes, Docker, etc
- Azure Core Platform:Compute, Storage, Networking
- Azure Application Development or support experiences with Azure PaaS services(Redis Cache, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Mobile Apps, etc.)
- Website troubleshooting & coding experience:IIS, Azure Web Apps, PHP, Apache, Tomcat, WordPress, etc.
- Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, Open Source)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process