Universal Avionics Systems Corporation, an industry leader in avionics systems technology is looking for a Senior Avionics Systems Engineer for our Northwest Engineering Division located in Redmond, WA. A successful candidate will be responsible for the systems engineering of safety-critical avionics products. Join a highly engaged and collaborative team of various engineering disciplines that pioneer and maintain the Universal Avionics product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop (or revise) content for the functional description document, system requirements data, interface description document, design verification test procedures, and human factors test procedures.
- Ensure system requirements are allocated and traced to subsystems e.g. hardware, software, and/or database.
- Develop (or revise) content for the FAA regulatory compliance matrix report(s) and justify compliance rationale.
- Perform systems bench testing, human factors testing, problem report investigation/testing, preliminary safety assessments, and take action to resolve test discrepancies.
- Ability to lead systems activities on a project, recommend process and product improvements and support ROM estimates for business proposals.
- B.S. in Engineering, Science, or Math discipline.
- 7+ years of work experience in systems engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience and knowledge of avionics, systems engineering, design, requirements definition, problem solving and analysis, embedded systems and architecture, system verification and validation, regulatory requirements and compliance reports.
- Team player with professional attitude capable of performing in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.