SAIC has a need for a Sr. Avionics Systems Engineer to provide engineering support at Systems Simulation Software and Integration (S3I) to implement a reconfigurable Avionics System Integration Laboratory (ASIL) in Huntsville, AL.
- Candidate will assist in the integration, and testing of hardware and software for evaluation and certification of modifications to commercial and military tactical avionics for Special Electronic Mission Aircraft (SEMA).
- In a team environment, the candidate will support the integration of commercial and military avionics hardware, test equipment, and software mission equipment components into existing aircraft configurations and future development.
- Direct experience with aviation and/or weapons hardware considered a plus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience; 4 years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree
Clearance: MUST be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- 5+ years system engineering experience in laboratory test/development environment
- Experience integrating COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf) equipment with hardware
- Develop technical package (Schematics, drawings, bill of materials, etc.)
- Experience developing Test Plans and Procedures
- Experience developing automated test scripts and LabVIEW
- Experience creating software and hardware requirements, design, interface and test documentation and analysis of test results
- Experience producing Test Reports.
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction both working as an individual contributor as well as a team member
- Estimated Travel: <10%
- Clearance: Secret clearance is required to perform this work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required
- Working knowledge/Use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with ARINC 429
- Experience working with 1553