$80K — $100K *
A Senior Avionics Systems Engineer job in Grand Rapids, MI is currently available at Belcan. This is a full-time direct position with benefits. To be considered, you will need a Bachelor"s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline. In this job, you will support requirements, design, architecture, integration and verification of Avionics Systems. Prior Systems Engineering in support of avionics systems development is important. Successful candidates will have the opportunity for a long-term career where they can gravitate toward work they enjoy with people who care.
Systems Engineer job duties include:
· Develop system requirements and architecture for embedded electronics products.
· Work with engineers and technical representatives to translate product development ideas into structured requirements and other supporting documentation.
· Work with software and hardware designers to verify designs.
· Apply aerospace guidelines and standards independently to ensure safety-critical performance requirements are fulfilled.
· Use the latest emerging technologies and tools to solve complex engineering problems, working alongside product domain experts and technical professionals.
· BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline
· Prior avionics systems development experience
· DOORS proficiency
· Demonstrated success authoring System requirements for complex, safety-critical embedded systems.
· Mid-career and senior engineers who do well in this role are experienced with avionics systems, such as Flight Management Systems, Flight Control Systems, Integrated Modular Avionics systems, and Displays.
· You must be self-motivated, adaptable, and highly organized to thrive on this team, and if you are, you will earn responsibility, ownership, and enjoy job satisfaction.
· Extensive knowledge of aircraft systems is important.
· Thorough working knowledge of regulatory guidelines (DO-160, DO-178, ARP4754, DO-254) is important.
· The candidate must be able to work closely with customers and fellow team members to coordinate and plan development activities.
· Experience writing systems requirements and system design documentation is required.
· Experience developing software using an embedded operating system, such as VxWorks is important.
· Proficiency with DOORS is required.
Valid through: 12/12/2021