The Senior Aviation Planner will lead airport planning activities ranging from small to large projects addressing airport development,infrastructure, andland use needs. This position will lead projects on airport capacity, facility throughput balance, return oninvestment, and other critical factors tosupport leadership decisions on capitalinvestment. The Senior Aviation Planner will lead the planning of all airport divisions, by providing strategic thinking and analysis, input to design for airside andlandside projects, and developing operational standards.
- Lead site analysis and planning activities ranging from small to large projects addressing airport development and infrastructure for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) design projects.
- Present solutions for terminal or off terminal facilities and aircraft movement areas including gates, remote parking, hangar layout and parking facilities.
- Approve aviationschedules and material analysis for all schedule changes and engineering design changes.
- Quality review written reports and deliverables for terminal and airport studies, programming and conceptual design submittals involving planning studies.
- Quality review feasibility studies, technical reports and proposals for aviation projects.
- Recommend and present alternative production and material options under manufacturing restraints.
- Review and approve production planning data based on conceptual engineering data.
- Compile and present costs associated with material and production efforts.
- Quality review airport facility analyses and airport design planning activities.
- Manage relationships with existing clients, customers and contractors and develop new business opportunities.
- Lead sales and marketing efforts and identify key pursuits.
- Responsible for ensuring revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Lead the development of cost proposals and qualification statements to achieve stated targets and standards for financial performance. Present project budgets and cost estimates.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to the department.
- Responsible for QA/QC process adherence.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Aviation/Airway Management & Operations, Planning, Policy, Engineering or related degree. Applicable experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Minimum of 14 years applicable aviationexperience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of FAA Advisory Circulars and industrial standards on airport passenger terminal, airside, landside elements planning, design and operations.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ESRI GIS.
- Experience with economics, financial, airfield, airspace or terminal planning specialties.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, preferred.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Professional Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.