Posting Number: 201914TL
Job Title: Senior Automation Systems Analyst
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Summary: This role is responsible for the support and production operations of the Warehouse Execution System (WES) and Warehouse Management System (WMS). This position will be a strong advocate for meeting service levels and maintaining high availability in the heavily automated warehouse. This includes responding to questions from the business users and handling issues as they are reported.
- Mentor and support to Jr. Automation System Analyst
- Lead training and process roll out across on automation modules
- Ability to classify production incident criticality and priority then escalate to corporate support as appropriate
- Work experience with JDA or Red prairie WMS is preferred
- Working with the central IT / OT teams and vendors to ensure issues are properly understood and accurately assigned
- Ability to translate operational problems into technical issue reporting
- Maintaining an issues knowledge base with resolutions for future reference
- Diagnosing and resolving data and system issues to ensure warehouse usability for the consumers of the warehouse data
- Performing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly operations tasks required for the ongoing functionality of the software applications.
- Some light debugging duties using SQL will be required in order to develop queries/reports of varying complexity to troubleshoot and recommend fixes to development teams
- Monitoring dashboard and escalate issues where needed
- Providing 24×7 operational support to all production practices on holidays and weekends.
- Developing and maintain professional relationships with all online business teams
- Coordinating with various teams and raise support ticket for all issues, analyze root cause and assist in efficient resolution of all production tickets
- Maintaining logs of all issues and ensure resolutions according to quality assurance tests for all production processes
- Acting as the support point of contact for the automation systems
- Maintain effective working relationships with all functional units of the organization.
- Effectively recognize and manage interpersonal communication challenges
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team including flexibility to support multiple locations when necessary
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Issues are handled with proper professionalism and with service level agreements
- Conduct and lead production support calls.
- Understand and explain complex business/systems issues in appropriate format based on the target audience
- Self-starter attitude with an aptitude to learn new systems and tools
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience supporting software applications
- BI and reporting knowledge and experience is a strong asset
- Strong data analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of the SQL
- Troubleshoot network issues
- At least 1-year experience in supporting automated warehouse systems
- Good understanding of warehouse operations and supply chain knowledge is a plus
- Good understanding of networking and windows concepts
- Good understanding of automation controls concepts (PLCs, scanners, conveyor controls etc.,)
- Proficiency in any one scripting language
- Prior software development experience is a plus