Senior Automation Engineer
Who is SPR?
SPR guides organizations through digital transformations and rejuvenations, solving real problems for real people. As a strategic digital consultancy, we focus on business outcomes for our clients, helping them make data driven decisions and increase engagement with their customers, partners and employees. We evolve existing platforms and develop new products and utilize technology to maintain operational effectiveness.?
We are technologists at our core and think beyond the math of the 1s and 0s to understand how to reach our human potential using the digital platform. We think about the end users and rigorously and creatively apply the latest technologies and frameworks to address our client’s needs. To do this, we hire smart technologists and sharp business leaders who are excellent communicators and have an interest in working on multiple projects across industries.?
SPR offers a great environment for employees to learn, to build systems that make an impact, and to tackle exciting challenges. With our office's Maker Space™, you can explore your IoT side and develop fun projects with 3D printing and CNC machining. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, bonuses, generous vacation time, big fitness incentives, and medical/dental/vision insurance.?
By joining the SPR team, you'll be using your brain, working hard and making an impact through your projects and you'll be rewarded for it.?
SPR is seeking an experienced? Senior Automation Engineer
As a Senior Automation Engineer at SPR, you will create automated solutions and play a strategic role within the Testing Practice and with our clients. You will be responsible for test automation development and must be able to articulate design decisions and translate business requirements/user stories into automated tests. As?a Senior Automation Engineer, you will improve the quality of client and proprietary products through creation of test automation, planning, and manual testing. Our Automation Engineers are a driving force behind the success of our projects. The successful candidate will offer experience in testing principles, working in an Agile/Scrum methodology, and be passionate about quality. S/he will have the technical acumen to understand applications, create automated tests, and understand continuous integration strategies. We're looking for a motivated self-starter who keeps an eye on trends and new technology in the industry and who is eager to tackle challenging troubleshooting and coding tasks.
What you’ll need to bring to this role:
- 5+ years working in a QA/Testing role
- 4+ years of experience in Object Oriented Programming (C#, Java, etc.)
- Must have created or contributed to the creation of a Test Automation Framework
- Experience w/code repositories (IE: Git, SubVersion, VSTS, etc.)
- Experience with an automated testing tool (Selenium WebDriver preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of QA testing principles in an Agile environment
- Strong communication skills & ability to contribute innovative solutions
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Pro-active and self-starting individual
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology or related field
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, HTTP/S)
- Knowledge of BDD frameworks (IE: Cucumber, SpecFlow, Jbehave, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to coach & mentor junior team members
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous integration principles
- Experience working w/multiple projects and competing priorities