This position will be responsible for development of mission critical software tools as well as aid in the adoption of automated testing across Platform Services SQA department. As part of a small, focused and motivated team within SQA, use software development best practices to implement new tools per requirements provided. Engineer will evaluate new and existing manual tasks for movement to an automated environment. Research on continuous integration tools and software platform capability to develop automation testing process. Engineer must have the ability to influence and drive results in a highly collaborative environment. The ability to communicate effectively in visual, oral, and written form is critical for success.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop web-based tools and automation framework to support SQA group
• Assist Senior Engineers in performing comprehensive research and suggest appropriate technologies to be used
• Assist with issue resolution in the area of Tools/Automation utilizing defect management system
• Enhance existing code/ databases to carry out necessary upgrades and maintenance functions
• Follow existing process for Tools development and propose enhancements to improve quality/efficiency
• Continue to pursue open source or commercial technologies to compliment Tools/Automation efforts
• Interface with SQA team members to effectively communicate and resolve issues in a timely manner
• Remain current on available technologies and competitive products and solutions through independent research
• Actively participate as part of project teams to identify need for automation.
• Use automation tools and processes to support software product testing.
Education: Bachelor’s degree; a degree in Engineering or Computer Science is strongly desired.
• Experience with C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Entity Framework
• Experience with MS SQL Server
• Experience with Python scripting language
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience in programming or Tools and Automation required
• Object Oriented Programming experience required
• Experience with Visual Studio and C# required
• TCP/IP networking.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• High degree of initiative
• Experience with FitNesse web server automation tool and software testing is recommended
• Experience with Jenkins automation server is recommended
• Experience with the following gaming standard protocols is highly recommended
o Slot Accounting System (SAS)
o Game to System (G2S)
o Gaming Device Standard(GDS)
• Experience with other gaming protocol standards is a plus
• Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as a team
• Extensive time in front of LCD/PC
• The ability to move between projects with little notice and the ability to adapt quickly
• Overtime and weekend hours may be required to meet project schedule or emergency tool support
• Limited travel may be required
Job ID #: IRC16383