Live Oak is more than a bank. Live Oak helps people realize their full potential so they can create meaningful impact at work, home or in their communities. As an innovation hub, we fully embrace a bold approach to solving problems and surpassing goals. Daily life at Live Oak centers around a culture of taking care of each other, which has made us one of the most desirable places to work. We’ve topped the list of American Banker’s “Best Banks to Work For” because of our unparalleled dedication to our people. Our commitment to our customers and our culture is intertwined, so we seek those who embody and embrace what it takes to empower the American dream. Learn more at liveoakbank.com.
How This Role impacts Live Oak and its People
The Senior Automation Engineering role will provide technical expertise and guidance on building scalable and resilient platforms for our engineering teams at Live Oak. The primary focus will revolve around test frameworks and systems built to validate 3rd party integrations around our core infrastructure.
What You’ll Do at Live Oak
You'll work on a cross-functional team within a scaled agile environment, performing many of the activities below.
- Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it
- Acts as an advocate for quality on the team and helps to instill that mindset throughout the team
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, estimates, and testing strategies
- Lead the effort to build in quality through the development process, including fleshing out testing strategies, testing standards, and best practices around quality assurance
- Write maintainable test automation code at the API and UI level in a professional software engineering environment (source control, release cycles, continuous integration, etc.)
- Mentors team members on best practices for assuring quality in all deliverables.
- Develops standards, documentation, and reference implementations for automation frameworks
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions when automation tests act inconsistently.
- Participate in training and customer support activities as needed
How You’ll Do It
- You'll build software that matters. We make software that helps small businesses and entrepreneurs get the capital and financial services they need to succeed and support their local communities.
- Your team decides the best technical approach and commitments, not your manager.
- You'll collaborate with super-smart people to build and deploy next generation banking solutions, as we enable capabilities to transform the outdated financial banking system.
Required and Preferred Experience
- 5-7 years of experience working as an Automation/QA Engineer (Required)
- Strong understanding of the Agile environment (Required)
- Excellent problem solving and engineering skills (Required)
- Strong initiative to champion and support improvements to processes, tools, methodologies, and product quality (Required)
- Ability to lead and timebox research of new technologies and approaches (Required)
- Understands the testing pyramid and knows when and how many tests should be written for different features (Required)
- Experience working with tools like Selenium, LambdaTest, Cucumber JUnit and Puppeteer (Required)
- Experience automating the testing of web apps, mobile apps, Salesforce apps, REST and SOAP services, and/or different database technologies (Preferred)
Required to Thrive at Live Oak
- Dedication – You possess a deep commitment to Live Oak Bank’s mission and core values, exemplified through a strong work ethic, adaptability and pride in your work.
- Ownership – You take initiative to deliver positive results by proactively and creatively solving problems, while maintaining a high degree of quality.
- Innovation – You embrace fresh ideas and fearlessly contribute new solutions to emerging or existing problems.
- Teamwork – You foster collaboration, accountability and trust with others and understand that together, we do more.
- Respect – You treat everyone with courtesy, politeness and kindness.
“The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.”