Job ID: PAL001973
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visit www.pall.com/green.
Lead Automation Engineer for Pall Biotechnology’s Pall Advanced Separation Solutions (PASS) organization located in Westborough, MA. The PASS team is positioned as the premier provider for customized and standard system solutions within the Pall Organization. PASS has complete responsibility for engineering, project management, manufacturing, testing, and delivering the complete line of Pall Biotechnology’s products to the Americas.
The Senior Automation Engineer will have the following responsibility as a key technical leader for the PASS team:
• Overall responsibility for automation engineering scope of work for all PASS projects. Including automation software and hardware design implementation, and testing in alignment with the project schedule and budget.
• Ensure automation system delivers the functional requirements as defined by our customer’s requirements documentation.
• Management of automation vendors and third parties used doe automation software and hardware design and project execution.
• Establish and execute procedures for automation deliverables in accordance with Good Automated Manufacturing Procedures (GAMP); including lifecycle documentation (FRS, SDS, IQ/OQ, FAT, SAT protocols, etc.).
• Esure PASS systems meet all applicable regulatory requirements including 21CFR Part 11 and Annex 11.
• Provides guidance to Process Engineers, Project Managers, and Engineering SupportTechnicians.
• Communicates directly with management, internal stakeholders, and customers.
• Stays current on advancements in automation and computer validation.
B.S. degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering. Othereducational backgrounds considered when combined with deep understanding of the market and technical material
Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
Minimum of 3 – 5years of experience in the following areas:
• Participating in projects according to GAMP 5 including validation of computer systems
• Automation Hardware/Software from the following suppliers: Rockwell, Siemens, Emerson and Wonderware
• One or more of the following coding languages: VB, VBA, C, C++, C#, HTML, XML, SQL.
• One or more Historian - SQL Server, Oracle, PI / Aspen, MongoDB
• ISA standards
• Communication Protocols: Ethernet-IP, FF, Profibus / Profinet, Modbus, and ASi
• Interfacing automation systems and industrial instrumentation
Skills and Knowledge:
3-5years of industrialexperience (biotechnology and pharma) in process control preferred, emphasis on leadership capabilities and breadth of understanding.
Practical application of pharmaceutical / biologics regulations.
Lead or participated in the automation of multiple large control systems including automation and validation.
Experience managing both internal and vendor resources.