The Senior Automation Controls Engineer serves as a main point of contact for Rockwell Automation’s customers. The primary functions are to direct or perform, installation, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and calibration.
- Responsible for effectively providing services to support the installation, start-up, maintenance, and operation of automation control systems & advanced manufacturing software applications, drive systems, manufacturing systems, industrial networks and the individual products which comprise these systems.
- Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment. Serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple topics.
- Participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics.
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting.
- Provide leadership for project engineering teams, contract employees, and project support personnel.
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.).
- Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology field; in lieu of degree, will consider an Associates of Science Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent technological training (e.g. technological training received while serving in the military, or equivalent industry training), with 5+ years of directly related experience.
- Ability to travel throughout the designated service area up to 50%.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Rockwell Automation will not offer sponsorship for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Manufacturing, Industrial Automation, Engineering, or Technology related field
- 5+ years of related experience
- 2+ years of experience in industrial automation, preferably in Automotive, Metals, Water/Wastewater industry, Pulp & Paper, Food & Beverage