ZF's global Occupant Safety Systems (OSS) business develops technical solutions for passive safety systems: Seat Belt Systems (SBS), Steering Wheel Systems (SWS) and Inflatable Restraint Systems (IRS). With more than 25,000 employees around the world, OSS plays a strong role in ZF’s success. ZF is seeking a Controls Engineer who is experienced with Siemens PLC's for its Inflator plant located in Mesa, Arizona.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide Controls Engineering support and process improvement work for automated high volume manufacturing lines.
- Provide production support for manufacturing lines from the cell controller down to the device level (includes ensuring accurate traceability data collection, troubleshooting, scrap and LAT reduction, and improved process reliability.VA/VE activities).
- Support business unit objectives by prioritizing projects, designing interfaces for new equipment and making decisions that affect the long term production process.
- Provide vendor management and supervision.
- Manage machine controls for projects.
- Create and maintain documents and/or databases with team support. Projects typically meet the immediate needs for the business unit. Such activities vary from clerical, to editorial, to creative; e.g. creation/revision of APQP documentation, MI, PI, SOP, maintenance of equipment configuration documents, etc.
- May provide work to clerical support or unskilled labor including operators employees or technicians.
- Work with team members to resolve customer issues related to quality and design, resolve issues relative to the process and equipment and implement the required changes to production lines.
- Work with Design Engineering to implement changes due to product changes.
- Review and make recommendations to improve product design and processes, using various analytical methods and tools (Design for Assembly, Manufacturing and Experiments).
- Work with the core team (Design, Quality, Supplier Quality and Manufacturing Engineering) on new product development and implementation.
- Approve design changes and verify these changes do not adversely affect the process.
- 7 to 8+ years of experience
- Experience leading technical project
- Experience with the followingpreferred:Ability to create electrical drawings using CAD software.
- Allen-Bradley and/or Siemens S7 PLC & HMI
- Motion Control
- Motors and Drives
- Networks and Communications
- Machine Vision
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must have hand dexterity at moderate speed with accuracy for half of each day. Requires steady, active effort and continuous walking. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to work in all areas of the plant.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent Technical Degree
- Masters Degree - preferred.
ZF Mesa Operations screening process includes a hair substance abuse screening test and verification of eligibility for employment for this position, and lifetime background for ATF.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.