Industry: Financial Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 374 days agoby Vishnu Vardhan
Position: Senior Auditor
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
• Successfully perform all key job functions of the Internal Auditor role at a higher level of complexity, scope and autonomy.
• Coordinate and lead audit team meetings to discuss the audit plan, including audit background, preliminary objectives/scope (identified during the Annual Audit Planning process), auditbudget, audit execution schedule, affected departments, contacts and expectations. Take ownership and independently manage subsets of audits with minimal oversight from Audit Manager/Director. Conduct first-level review of Internal Auditor work and documentation; leverage Internal Audit Manager/Director guidance as needed.
• Review audit documentation; begin to determine risks and the potential impact of risks on the organization. Perform root cause analysis on exceptions identified during audits. Validate and document Risk Control Matrix; write test procedures based on Risk Control Matrix. Draft auditreports; revise and finalize with Audit Manager/Director. Write ICIs, discuss with audit management and validate issues with customers; assist with additional report writing as needed.
• Assist with tracking results of prior audits, identifying audit themes across organizations and determining if appropriate corrective action has been taken regarding significant audit concerns. Contribute to strengthening and improving the governance, risk and control environment of the organization; share issues, ideas and recommendations with the Internal Audit Manager/Director and Internal Audit teams.
• Provide informal, day-to-day coaching and guidance to Internal Auditors. Share knowledge of specialty areas to build knowledge and capabilities across Internal Audit.
• Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels. Provide advice and shareInternal Audit knowledge with business partner managers and staff to strengthen governance, risk and control environments, as appropriate.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
• 3+ years of related experience
• Must have a CIA or CPA
• FRM/PRM(Financial OR Professional Risk Management)preferred
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
• Must have a CIA or CPA
• Planning and performing risk-based audits in large and complex organizations
• Understanding of fundamental risk management concepts with experience assessing risks
• Ability to research, synthesize information, and draw fact-based conclusions
• Understanding of the three lines of defense framework
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience collaborating across team boundaries and working in a team-based environment