Bilingual (English/Spanish) Senior Auditor-Houston, TX
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: performing tests of controls for the Company's Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) program and specified portions of financial and operational audits of the Company and its subsidiaries, including its external business partners.
· Documenting or updating annual walk-throughs, narratives and flowcharts of business process documentation based on interviews withauditees for identified key controls;
· Identifying and documenting internal control deficiencies and remediation plans;
· Planning and executing Internal Audits and Sarbanes-Oxley audit engagements with minimal oversight and high quality;
· Preparing assigned portions of audit procedures, programs, questionnaires, and reports;
· Obtaining adequate and relevant documentation to substantiate audit conclusions and making appropriate recommendations to ensure proper handling/correction of transactions included within the scope of the audit;
· Determining compliance with established policies and procedures and documents and reporting on the results of the work performed;
· Assisting the Supervisor in audit planning and writing final auditreports;
· Preparing clear and concise work papers/work programs for use by Audit Team Members
· Communicating audit issues and audit progress to Audit Manager and/or Supervisor throughout the audit.
· Must be proficient in Spanish and English
· Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO, COBIT and risk assessment practices
· Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financialreporting
· Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions
· Understanding of business risks, controls, testing methodologies as relates to auditing of financialreporting and SOX controls
· Able to perform multiple projects and work with varying team members
· Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to otherinternal audit project team members.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
· Proficiency in use of computers and Microsoft Office tools
· Flexible, must be able to travel20% to 35%
· Relevant Certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA
· Experiencewith Visio/TeamMate applications
· Big 4experience