Business Unit Description:
Internal Audit’s mission is to provide independent, objective assurance and advisory services to assist the enterprise in maintaining effective risk management practices. Internal Auditsupports the boards of directors in their oversight of the governance, risk and control frameworks, and will achieve and maintain the highest level of professional standards, while helping the company achieve its objectives.
The Senior Auditor position’s is predominantly focused on the execution of audit planning, fieldwork and reporting.
Strategic Control Impact
- Identifies and maps business processes including the mapping of business requirements documents, functional specifications and technical specifications to applicable regulations.
- Identifies meaningful issues in which controls are not properly designed or are not operating effectively and creating reliable documentation to support his/her work.
- Leads audit projects including the development of audit programs to test business units in scope, review and evaluate business processes.
- Assesses the risk and control environment for processes within coverage areas.
- Validates the completion of agreed action plans.
- Understands the financial services industry and risk and control environment for coverage areas and identifies new risks.
- Works closely with auditees to verify timely progress and completion of agreed action plans
- Assists the Auditor-In-Charge or Audit Manager with the execution of audit planning, fieldwork and reporting including formalizing issues and developing action plans to remediate the control gaps.
- Completes risk-focused fieldwork on time and within the allocated budget, notifying the auditor-in-charge promptly of issues that arise or when budgets or timelines are at risk.
- Understands and performs root cause analysis for issues.
- Possesses and demonstrates a strong understanding of audit techniques.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of Internal Audit policies & procedures, particularly work paper documentation standards.
- Independently prepares work papers that fully comply with IAD policies and procedures.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
Leadership Competencies for this level include:
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet requireddeadlines and goals.
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions.
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others.
- Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas.
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience; BIG 4 Accounting firm experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or in a related field with a Masters in accounting or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. Dodd-Frank. CFTC Part 43, ESMA requirements, JFSA requirements, ASIC requirements, MAS requirements, OSC requirements) is strongly desired
- Knowledge of DTCC’s products and services or equivalent financial services products.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Publisher, MS OneNote, MS Outlook, Adobe, and online researching utilizing public search engines.
- Beneficial, but not required, are certifications related to the incumbent’s coverage responsibilities, such as Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Financial Analyst, or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist