The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago is a $81.8 billion wholesale bank and one of 11 district banks chartered in 1932 by the U.S. Congress to improve the availability of funds to support home ownership. The FHLB Chicago is a member-owned cooperative serving members in our district of Illinois and Wisconsin.
The Senior Auditor will be responsible for the timely completion of risk based audit projects which includes planning, task execution, and reporting. The Senior Auditor will also lead and direct staff auditors while communicating status upward to one or more members of the senior management team. Additional responsibilities would include providing consulting services to the organization?s management and staff, providing input into the annual audit plan, and assisting on organizational change projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct risk based audit engagements including identifying risk, developing audit programs with appropriate test objectives, evaluating the adequacy of internal controls, performing tests of key controls and documenting results.
- Identify, document and communicate audit issues that clearly define the risk, root cause and expectations suitable for addressing the identified risk.
- Document client processes accurately to support a complete understanding of the business process.
- Partner with the business to evaluate and assess departmental controls and processes.
- Prepare well-documented work papers to supportaudit conclusions.
- Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships.
- Pursue professional development opportunities to support continuous learning.
- Supervise staff auditors assigned to audit engagements by providing guidance on overall execution and review of deliverables.
- Represent internal audit on organizational project teams, during management meetings, and with external organizations.
- Adhere to departmental policies and procedures including professional standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to analyze data and situations fully and accurately and reach appropriate decisions.
- Ability to use independent judgment, think creatively, and work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of risk, controls and auditing concepts and ability to apply concepts in task execution.
- Proactive in independently seeking knowledge and guidance for the completion of projects.
- Ability to communicate concisely with all levels of the organization.
- Solid listening and comprehension skills to identify gaps in business processes and key control structures.
- Ability to perform project risk assessments to drive the audit planning process.
- Ability to manage time, resources, and projects efficiently to meet deadlines.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelordegree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of at least 5years auditexperience.
- Certification as a CIA, CPA, CISA or other relevant industry certification.
- Banking or Financial Services industry experiencepreferred.
- Mortgage operations and capital markets auditing experience is a plus.
- The ideal candidate should be well versed in audit practices, be creative and consultative in their approach.
Job Type: Full-time
- Banking or Financial Services: 5years
- Internal Auditing: 5years
Required license or certification: