The Auditors are responsible for executing assigned audit/validation activities and demonstrating skills in assessing process risks, flowcharting business processes (including the supporting application systems), identifying and evaluating the design of controls, and executing and documenting audit/validation tests. This role completes work in accordance with Cenlar’s audit methodology and applicable standards, defined plans, budgets, and schedules during the audit/validation process.
- Develops risk assessments, process flows/diagrams, and testing procedures for all areas of the company, ensuring compliance with corporate policies, agency, and regulatory guidelines and industry best practices.
- Assesses and reviews operational controls throughout Cenlar to ensure sound operating procedures and internal standards are in effect.
- Executes and documents audit/validation tests in alignment with audit procedures and IIA standards.
- Develops written summary of audit/validation findings.
- May review peer audit/validation documentation.
- Performs validation activities ensuring all controls address the root cause of the issue and are effectively operationalized.
- Performs “design of control” assessments and develops and executes test plans in accordance with Internal Audit methodology, standards and adherence to applicable compliance laws, regulations and/or guidance.
- Establishes working relationships with business process owner.
- Performs follow-up on open audit/validation items to ensure findings satisfactorily resolved.
- Ensures adherence to professional audit standards/guidelines.
- Supports special projects as directed by management.
- Supports continuous process improvement by identifying needs and opportunities; champion common audit process approaches; and recommends process changes to maintain the highest quality standards.
- 5+ years relevant or related experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree and/or certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CRCM, CAMS, MBA, etc.) preferred
- In depth understanding of Mortgage Servicing, QA/QC or Risk Management experience
- Ability to identify and quantify operational risk in the various functions
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed, and organized individual
- Strong written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Strong interaction and people skills
- Ability to multitask and assess and change priorities
- Possess the ability to work independently and be able to recognize and escalate matters of attention appropriately and timely
- Must possess strong attention to detail and have the ability to make sound, independent decisions based on functional expertise and experience
- Ongoing professional development to include 40 hours per year of continuing education, as approved by the Vice President of Internal Audit