We are currently seeking a Senior Auditor for one of our clients located in Boston MA, The candidate will serve as an experienced member of the audit team, with specific focus on multiemployer employee benefit plans and membership organizations. They must have 2-4 years of public accounting experience.
- Obtains and documents a basic understanding of clients' internal control policies and procedures; tests operating effectiveness.
- Completes audit work papers and performs audit testing procedures on audit areas fundamental to the financial statements.
- Assists the manager in preparing financial statements including required footnotes and supplemental schedules.
- Help develop audit plans and audit work paper templates (in coordination with audit manager).
- Execute audit tests (internal control and substantive) using approved audit plans and standardized audit work paper templates.
- Review audit work papers completed by staff prior to submission to audit manager.
- Help troubleshoot potential exceptions (i.e. obtain additional documentation/clarification to support/refute potential exceptions noted during field work testing).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
- A minimum of 2 years of audit, accounting, or financial and management advisory services with knowledge of GAAP and GAAS is required
- Experience within Employee Benefits/ Labor Unions / Non-Profit
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Familiarity with Word and Excel
- CPA not required however 150 credit hour eligibility and pursuit of certification is encouraged
- Candidates must have a vehicle that can be used for work travel