Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging delivers more than just a cold drink. We take pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
Since the aerosol can revolutionized consumer products in the 1940s, Ball has refined and improved the technology to suit today’s needs. We recently developed a new metal alloy that reduces the weight of our aluminum aerosol cans by as much as 15%. We also breathed new air into aerosol technology with the introduction of our next generation of tinplate aerosol packaging, which is helping us meet and exceed our customers’ growing expectations.
Metal food packaging has set the standard for freshness and preservation for well over a century, and we continue to push boundaries and innovate in this sector. What excites us most is the sustainability advantages that metal packaging provides. It is one of the most environmentally friendly and economical forms of packaging.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue torevolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
Primary Purpose of Position Partner with different levels of plant, divisional, and corporate management to address strategic, operational, and financial risks.
- Assists the internal audit department’s management in:
- Reviewing internal controls to assure that corporate assets are properly protected.
- Assessing the adequacy of risk management systems and policies.
- Assessing the accuracy of external financial reporting and compliance with governmental and regulatory rules and regulations, including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements.
- Conducting special projects as assigned by management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Performs all phases of internal audits in accordance with department and professional standards, at times with minimal supervision. Specifically, the senior auditor, will:
- Assist in determining audit scope through technical research and discussion with operating management.
- Prepare detailed audit programs to cover the audit objectives included in the scope of the audits.
- Perform and document all procedures necessary to satisfy identified audit objectives.
- Clearly communicate audit results to management in a timely manner; including impact and management action plans, for distribution to executive and operating management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Follow up on prior audit findings; ensuring management action plans have been implemented.
- Supports a team-focused environment in the deployment of the department’s responsibilities.
- Supports an integrated audit approach by closely collaborating with information technology and data analytics auditors.
- Interfaces with multiple departments and varying levels of management.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or other relevant professional qualification strongly preferred.
- Master's degree in accounting plus 3 years’ job related experience can be substituted for Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field, plus 5 years’ job related experience.
- Industry related experience in the manufacturing environment strongly considered.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
- SOX compliance experience.
- Experience with FCPA compliance testing preferred.
- Knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Contemporary risk management and control techniques and frameworks.
- Collecting and analyzing data, evaluating information and systems and drawing logical conclusions.
- Familiarity with common indicators of fraud.
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently as well as operate and contribute in a team environment.