The Senior Auditor I position within the Internal Audit Services department offers the candidate an excellent work-life balance auditing opportunity. The candidate will complete assurance audits focused on financial, operational, and compliance activities as well as consulting engagements. The ideal candidate will need to be able to complete risk-based audit assignments with limited supervision including research, planning, and fieldwork as well as drafting reports for review by Internal Audit Services management.
- Perform financial, operational and compliance audits alone or as part of a team;
- Develop and document an understanding of internal controls and processes and risk management activities / Ability to develop new or uncharted audit procedures;
- For each audit engagement, complete a risk assessment and develop a focused and risk-based audit program of the audit work to be completed;
- Analyze complex data effectively to identify and supportaudit observations;
- Analyze regulations, laws, and statutes to effectively perform compliance audits;
- Identify control weaknesses and develop sound conclusions, opinions, and recommendations for improvement opportunities;
- Prepare neat and organized work papers that properly support work performed, audit observations, opinions and recommendations;
- Effectively communicate in writing by sharing audit observations, opinions, and recommendations; and by developing the initial draft of auditreports;
- Effectively communicate orally by interacting with all levels of employees and management within the organization during each audit or consulting engagement; and
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other relevant business area from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum of five years of audit or equivalent assurance experience;
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, and Visio preferred;
- Prior assurance experience reviewing property and casualty insurance or life insurance operations a plus; and
- Experience with SAP financial software a plus.
- Ability to travel; generally no more than 10% - 20% per year.