$150K — $200K *
Truist Senior Audit Manager is responsible for providing a leadership role in the delivery of value-added independent and objective risk-based internal audit assurance and advisory services. The Senior Audit Manager further develops and maintains specialization and expertise in specific areas of financial services and assists in line of business relationship management and risk monitoring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Serve as Engagement Manager for large, complex, and higher risk projects that may be enterprise-wide in scope. Lead planning, scoping, and development of the audit test plan, including incorporating the use of data analytics, and coordinate engagement resources and engagement assignments among teammate effectively to complete assignments within budget while maintaining quality standards.
2. Set clear quality expectations based on Truist Audit Services standards and analyze/review process documentation to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency.
3. Develop meaningful, relevant, and well-supported audit reports that align with Truist's risk appetite framework and present these reports to key stakeholders.
4. Advise on more complex assignments by being very knowledgeable of the organization, business, and operations (including the related laws and regulations). Possess strong subject matter expertise in a technical or specialized field.
5. Leverage strong risk management knowledge to assess relevance of audit findings, potential exposures, materiality and demonstrate awareness of big picture issues.
6. Provide leadership and development by coaching and mentoring new and junior team members and providing effective project feedback, including setting clear performance expectations.
7. Assist audit management to develop and maintain relationships with assigned lines of business or business units. Accordingly, understand and evaluate associated risk profiles to help ensure appropriate audit coverage. Participate in key/critical projects and task forums.
8. Manage timely and quality delivery of multiple tasks, including audits, projects and special assignments. Further develop and maintain specialization and expertise in one or more specific lines of business. Keep abreast of current trends, new developments, technologies and practices in the auditing profession, banking industry, and area of specialization.
9. Continue developing knowledge of auditing and use of data analysis techniques. Champion innovative techniques and methods to accomplish goals and objectives. Pursue continuing education and possibly additional professional certifications, as appropriate.
10. Support Audit Directors by assisting with annual planning, scheduling, and risk assessment process, and providing feedback on performance of the audit team.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field, or equivalent education and related training or experience.
2. Eight to ten years of experience in audit, preferably in a role similar to an Audit Project Leader.
3. Advanced knowledge, ability and expertise in audit and a broad understanding in multiple areas of banking and financial services.
4. Substantial leadership experience and demonstrated leadership ability and decision making skills.
5. Excellent understanding of risk management and process concepts.
6. Excellent analytical, facilitation, interpersonal and decision-making skills.
7. Excellent written, verbal and negotiating skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to grasp, communicate and teach others how to identify underlying concepts in complex information.
9. Demonstrated ability to identify, communicate and teach others how to identify root causes of problems
10. Good working knowledge of standard software applications such as Microsoft Office Software products.
11. Excellent project management and advisory skills.
12. Appropriate professional certification, such as, but not limited to Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, or Certified Public Accountant.
1. Advanced degree.
2. Possess knowledge of Truist Audit Services audit software and business specific software.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Sitting (if checked, indicate frequency)
Constantly (More than 50% of the time)
Standing (if checked, indicate frequency)
Occasionally (Less than 25% of the time)
Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
Manual Dexterity / Keyboarding
Able to work standard office equipment, including PC keyboard and mouse, copy/fax machines, and printers.
Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed by manager/supervisor and required by business need.
Travel (Must select one)
Minimal and up to 10%
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
Valid through: 6/22/2021
$100K — $150K *
51 days ago
$100K — $150K *
6 days ago