The individual in this position will lead audits to determine and report on DaVita’s internal controls and compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. This position will report directly to the Director of Compliance Audit.
The Compliance Audit Senior Manager will apply previously acquired auditing, management, analytical, and communication skills to perform the following:
- Lead all aspects of audits and consulting projects, including assessing compliance risk, developing audit work-plans, performing audit work steps, documenting and reporting findings and recommendations, and following up to confirm findings are appropriately remediated.
- Apply a strong knowledge of audit fundamentals and demonstrate critical thinking to identifying risks within the healthcare industry.
- Meet with management and other stakeholders to discuss compliance audit plans and results; make recommendations to resolve compliance audit findings requiring remediation.
- Manage teammates on audits and other projects, including facilitating teammate development through performance reviews, goal-setting, coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, and outside training.
- Apply adequate oversight and timely workpaper review to ensure work is being effectively conducted, documentation is complete and observations are being addressed timely.
- Ensure that audit principles, standards and practices are followed in all Compliance Audit Department work.
- Effectively prioritize to handle multiple projects at the same time, ensuring that high-quality deliverables are completed timely.
- Maintain current knowledge of developments in related fields and continued enhancement of expertise in related areas.
- Participate as a team member or leader on special projects, business, and process planning efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years of audit experience required.
- CPA or CIA preferred.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Large consulting firm experience preferred.
- Skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with attention to detail.
Behavioral Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Self-starter with ability to drive independent problem solving, comfortable with a constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to think strategically, broadly and creatively while also serving as a hands-on manager and a high performing individual contributor.
- Engaging and persuasive communicator who is audience-aware and able to articulate ideas, thoughts and questions clearly and appropriately.
- Skilled manager with a collaborative style who influences change and builds consensus for ideas and recommendations that support department goals and objectives.
- Passionate and proactive about solving problems, adding value and delivering superior results.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.