WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.The Job
Senior Audio Technical SpecialistThe Daily
- REMI (Remote Engineered Multi-Site Integration) Audio Management: Reactive, proactive, quality control, and implementation of audio paths and content for broadcasting, recording, and streaming. Ensure all communication channels for broadcasts between location(s), League/Event Offices, and studios ("The Hub" or "PCR") are built, routed, and assigned prior to scheduled "engineering fax" in advance of production utilization. This establishes chemistry, consistency, and confidence between departments within Studios and Sports in addition to external partners and clients.
- Serve as the technical liaison between management, engineering, sports, production, and audio groups to determine the technical and artistic audio needs of studio shows.
- Assist in research, selection, and implementation of best/appropriate audio related technologies and practices for remote sports broadcasts, in-studio productions, and hybrid environments.
- Investigate, learn, and advise on new technologies.
- This collaboration is critical to meeting the sound needs of each show.
- Mix sports and entertainment events at remote locations and in studios. This maintains awareness of best practices and new technologies improving the quality of sound content produced for Sports, Studios, partners, and clients.
- Ensure best practices of accepted audio standards for quality of productions involving Studios and Sports by developing and standardizing expectations for audio positions and associated tasks, developing a standard audio training program (growth ladder), and developing and overseeing continuing education programs for audio operators and technicians. Help others understand the synergies of audio and video. Change the attitude of "It is only audio". This guarantees talent growth and retention through education, insight and experience while maintaining show quality.
- Build relationships and train with other subject matter experts within Warner Media for cross-functional education and personal growth.
- At least 15 years of mixing live Sports, Entertainment or News productions.
- Expert understanding of audio signal flow as it applies to broadcasting, recording, and streaming of Live Sports, Entertainment or News for remotes, studios, and hybrid environments.
- Expert understanding of audio signal flow.
- Expert understanding of intercom operation and software.
- Expert understanding of digital audio equipment.
- Understanding of remote and studio wiring.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing audio equipment.
- Experience with multiple networks, sports, and clients
- High School Diploma Required.
- College or Technical Degree preferred.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.